Whether you own your boat for one design racing, handicap racing, or cruising, I want to thank you for sailing on one the finest boats ever made. If fact, in 2002 the J35 was named to the American Sailboat Hall of Fame by Sailing and Sailing World magazines.
I've owned my J35 "Bad Dog" since 1997, and have raced it, cruised it, and stored it (a result of the Midwest climate) over the past 25 years, and I can tell you from experience this is a great boat and a fantastic one design racing class.
The J35 has held a strong resale value that is higher than many 35 foot boats. This is the result of the consistent demand for one design racing through active fleets across North America. YOUR CLASS DUES, plus the hard work of dedicated regional and national volunteers is what keeps this value high.
Let me explain what your class dues pay for:
- Maintaining our class website
- Supporting the national championship with seed money. This year Nationals were in Cheboygan MI an amazing venue on the Straits of Mackinac.
- Promoting The Class on an International basis through social media and other means to maintain Class visibility and demand
- Keeping and interpreting the one design rules, maintaining the float line templates, and maintaining class one design integrity.
In 2022 we are adding a number of significant additions to this list
- Again offering deep dues discount for members who pay both 2022and 2023 dues ($125).
- We are again upgraded the website
- We ioffer significant value for members J35. Areas being constructed include key J35 parts suppliers, tips to the PHRF racer from experienced J35's experts, a section entirely dedicated to the cruising J35's, and many other areas.
- Keep an eye on this site for additional information on the 2022 NA Championship at the Prestigious Annapolis Yacht Club October 20-23, 2022!
As a Class fundraiser We are offering J35 Calss flags for you to fly with pride for $50 while supplies last!
Our class needs your support. We can only keep our organization alive and prosperous if our members pay annual dues. Our dues have stayed the same and at $75 per year are less than most other one design classes. And as I discussed above, we are committed to creating value for this investment.
Thanks again for your support of the J35 Class --- one of the greatest boats ever built!!!
J/35 Class Association President